There are three cornerstones to any quality management system: Management Review, Internal Audits, and Corrective and Preventive Action. If any of these systems are poorly implemented, the entire system suffers. Without a well-deployed, well-managed system for Corrective and Preventive Action, problems reappear again and again, and the organization remains in a reactive, rather than proactive, mode of operation.
This intense one-day session steps attendees through a standard, disciplined problem solving methodology which can be implemented within any organization.
Key topics include:
- Understanding corrective action, preventive action, and the difference between them
- Defining the problem
- Isolating and containing the problem (short-term, or remedial action)
- Analyzing the problem to determine the root cause
- Selecting and verifying the root cause
- Generating and selecting solutions
- Verifying the solutions
- Incorporating preventing measures
- Creating economies of scale
- Rewarding and recognizing participation
Want to learn more? Contact us today to discuss obtaining grant funding for training or to invite us to your campus.