Floyd V. Williams, C.Q.A.
Quality Management and Supplier Relations
Floyd Williams has over 32 years in the Telecommunication/ICT industry. Recognized as a QuEST Forum Lifetime Fellow, Floyd’s entire background has been in the supply chain services arena where areas of expertise and focus include quality management systems, customized quality evaluation and operational infrastructure audits, root cause analysis and supplier relations, risk, and performance management.
Prior to becoming a consultant, Floyd 32 years working for a Fortune 500 company. He was responsible for a number of areas in supplier relations and quality which included:
- Supplier contract negotiations and compliance
- Supplier performance scorecards and metrics
- Supplier quality audits
- Supplier evaluations (including risk assessment)
- Customer satisfaction
- Supplier diversity
Further defined disciplines in those areas of responsibility include:
- Quality assurance and reliability (ISO 9001 and TL 9000)
- Product research
- Interoperability and implementation management associated with software development (CMMI) and product manufacturing
- Emphasis on supplier performance and product quality metrics (i.e. FIT rates, MTBF, MTTR, return rates, pre & post launch, software quality, lab alignment protocol and 3rd party testing, etc.)
- Conducting periodic customer satisfaction surveys
- Served on the certification committee of the local Minority Supplier Development Council
Floyd has been recognized for his ability to bring together cross functional teams and business unit issues within an organization. He fosters collaborative solutions to improve customer satisfaction and service as well as drive operational efficiencies to reduce cost to the company’s bottom line.