1. Cancellation Policy for Training
On Site Training, Including Client-Specific Web-based Instructor Led Training
If The DESARA Group cancels training, an attempt to reschedule at mutually acceptable time will be made. If a mutually acceptable time cannot be agreed, 100% will be refunded.
If a client cancels the training:
- An attempt to reschedule at mutually acceptable time will be made.
- Within 30 days of the scheduled training – client is responsible for 50% of contracted fee
- Greater than 30 but less than 60 days – client is responsible for 25% of contracted fee
- Greater than 60 days – no fee is charged
- DESARA's travel expenses incurred within 60 days of the engagement are the client's responsibility.
Open-to-the-Public Training, including Web-based Instructor Led Training
If an individual participant cancels registration for an open-registration event
- The client may transfer to another available session if one is available. 10% re-booking fee applies, but his is waived for web-based programs.
- Within 30 days of the scheduled training – 50% will be refunded
- Greater than 30 days – 100% will be refunded
Cancellation Policy for Training 004-B | Approved September 1, 2015
2. Complaint Procedure
How to Submit a Complaint
A complaint can be submitted in person, by phone, via e-mail or hard copy, or using the "Contact Us" page on our website. The DESARA Group will attempt to quickly resolve all issues to the customer’s satisfaction. Customers may escalate using any of the above methods by addressing the issue to the President or Vice President. Contact information is available at www.DesaraGroup.com .
Complaint Investigation and Closure
In all cases, any customer complaint will be communicated to The DESARA Group President. The cause of the complaint will be investigated, and recommendations for resolution shall be provided to The DESARA Group President for review and approval. The President or designate will communicate resolution to the person who made the complaint. The goal is prompt, satisfactory resolution of the issue, and continued partnership with our clients.
Complaint Procedure 005-B | Approved September 1, 2015
3. Code of Ethics
Our Code of Ethics policy applies to officers, ,employees and subcontractors of The DESARA Group.
Certified Membership in the Institute of Management Consultants is a symbol of experience, competence, and trustworthiness. The DESARA Group, Inc. subscribes to the Code of Ethics, of IMC USA.
Code of Ethics 013-A | Approved May 1, 2009
4. Customer Satisfaction Feedback
For customer engagements in training or consulting, when the project is complete, the project owner will send the TDG CS Form to the appropriate clients and ask for feedback. The instructions state to send the completed survey to info@DESARAgroup.com. This provides a common point that is objective. The admin at info@DESARAgroup.com will forward the feedback to the project owner. The project owner will summarize and give the President a report. If required, improvement actions will be discussed and agreed. The project owner will follow up to ensure complete implementation of any corrective actions or improvements. If required, the Senior Account Manager, Executive Vice President, or President may follow up with the client.
Regarding all records: The completed TDG CS Forms will be kept for three years. (Scanned soft copy is acceptable). Emails / minutes, etc. on corrective action or improvements will be maintained until completion. These records will be kept for one month after the improvements are complete.
Customer Satisfaction Feedback Policy 011-A | Approved May 1, 2009
5. Documented Information Policy
Scope: This procedure covers all formal documentation for The DESARA Group where revision control is utilized.
Document Approval Requirements
Documents covering corporate policy require approval per the Shareholders’ agreement.
Documents covering the day to day operations including business policy can be approved by the President or Vice President.
New Documents and Major Changes
New documents and those with major changes are routed for consensus prior to approval by the President or Vice President. Documents are numbered sequentially by creation date. Revisions are given -A, -B, etc.
Any DESARA Group member may modify documents to improve format, fix spelling errors, add revision changes, etc. No change in content or intent will occur. The “number / issue”” will be modified with a number after the revision number (i.e. 014-A1). Only the Document Control Manager’s approval is required
Business records are maintained a minimum of 3 years. Information is stored primarily in electronic format on password-protected devices and backed up remotely on at least a daily basis.
Notification of New or Revised Documents
The owner of documented information notifies users of new or revised documents.
Document Control and Approval Procedure 014-B | Approved September 1, 2015
6. Drug-Free Workplace Policy
The DESARA Group, Inc. is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. That commitment is jeopardized when any The DESARA Group, Inc. employee illegally uses drugs on the job, comes to work with these substances present in his/her body, or possesses, distributes, or sells drugs in the workplace. Therefore, The DESARA Group, Inc. has established the following policy:
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to possess, sell, trade, or offer for sale illegal drugs or otherwise engage in the illegal use of drugs on the job.
- It is a violation of company policy for anyone to report to work under the influence of illegal drugs – that is with illegal drugs in his or her body.
- Violations of this policy are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- It is the responsibility of the company’s supervisors to counsel employees whenever they see changes in performance or behavior that suggests an employee is under the influence of drugs. Although it is not the supervisor’s job to diagnose personal problems, the supervisor should encourage such employees to seek help and advise them about available resources for getting help.
- The goal of this policy is to balance our respect for individuals with the need to maintain a safe, productive, and drug-free environment. The intent of this policy is to offer a helping hand to those who need it, while sending a clear message that illegal drug use and alcohol abuse are incompatible with employment at The DESARA Group, Inc.
Drug Free Workplace Policy 007-A | Approved April 10, 2009
7. Instructor Qualification Policy
Scope: This document outlines the process by which The DESARA Group certifies its members. In order to be deemed competent a four-stage process must be completed to the satisfaction of DESARA's leadership. The four stages described below are evaluated prior to allowing a consultant to lead engagements.
- Stage 1 – Knowledge Competencies: The individual studies new information alone, through a program taught by subject matter experts, or in a group.
- Stage 2 – Skill Competencies: The individual demonstrates the usage of knowledge by working alongside one or more people with greater breadth and/or depth of knowledge.
- Stage 3 – Qualifications, Education, and Experience: The education, training, and/or work experience determined by DESARA's leadership, taking into account typical requirements in the industry, to be necessary to serve client in the individual's assigned role.
- Stage 4 – Personal Attributes: The demonstration of defined personal attributes, including demonstrated adherence to DESARA's Code of Conduct, required for the competent performance of a consultant.
Consultant Qualification Policy 012-C | Approved September 1, 2015
8. Nondiscrimination Policy
The DESARA Group prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, or sexual orientation and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in employment and application for employment.
Furthermore, The DESARA Group policy includes prohibitions of harassment of associates and employees, i.e., racial harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation for filing complaints of discrimination.
Nondiscrimination Policy 008-A | Approved April 10, 2009
Information from Clients and Potential Clients:
It is the policy of The DESARA Group not to share any information about a client or potential client and the issue, task, training, or consulting activities. This includes activities under a contract or pre-contract discussions.
The DESARA Group will treat any client or potential client’s information as if a Non-Disclosure Agreement is in place, whether there is a signed NDA or not.
The DESARA Group maintains a list of all contacts that we collect via business interactions such as client engagements, participation in industry associations, and electronic communications via our website and newsletters. We routinely add new contacts to our mailing list. Our outbound marketing messages such as newsletters include an Unsubscribe button as well as our contact information. We do not disclose any information from our mailing lists to anyone outside of our organization.
Financial information is held in the strictest confidence. Credit card information is not stored by DESARA, but instead it is collected at the time of each transaction, typically through electronic payment systems where the buyer enters information without it being viewed by DESARA, and processed securely.
Observations / Information while Performing Consulting / Training with Clients or Potential Clients:
It is possible for The DESARA Group associates / employees to talk to a client or potential client. The DESARA Group treats this as confidential and does not share any information about client and observations / information.
Password, Firewall, and Virus Protection:
All the computers used by The DESARA Group have password protection, firewall protection, and virus protection. The DESARA Group takes reasonable steps to insure security of our computers and information systems.
10. Quality Policy
“The goal of The DESARA Group is to provide our customers, clients, and associates with outstanding value. Success for us is measured by Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty. Every interaction we have is an opportunity for us to do a great job”.
Dave Sanicola, President, The DESARA Group, Inc.
Quality Policy 006-A | Approved April 7, 2009